Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Monday, December 31, 2012

what SALT taught me


  • It's subtle but powerful.
  • A little goes a long way.
  • It's always available.
  • Its taste is predictable.
  • It goes with everything -- sweet and sultry.
  • It brings out other flavors.
  • It preserves.
Really, it's everything I want to be in life. I want to be ordinary and subtle and preserve stories. 

It's exactly how I want to interact with others. I want to bring out the best in others, be available and predictable, and get along with everyone.

I want to make an impact.

It was a perfect little word for 2012. In fact, it's so perfect that I'm adding to my mantra.

Be salty.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Ruth,
    You already have made an impact. Your honesty has been inspirational. I wish that next year will bring you lots of smiles and laughter.
    Head uut aastat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reflecting and tossing ideas around about my one little word from 2012 (and looking ahead to my one little word for 2013). My blog post is still simmering...I still have a few hours in 2012 left to write my thoughts. It is a little treat to encounter your reflection in that process. What a good word: salt. It is so very you. I love that there seems to be so much contrast in the idea that it preserves AND it enhances other flavors. So very you. Grounding and uplifting all at the same time. So glad you are in my life. Here's to another year of being salty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you integrated all the parts from this, Ruth. Have you read that book of some years ago, Salt. It's a powerful thing, through all of history! You chose well! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all you do--you impact teachers AND coaches. I can vouch for that. :)

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.