Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

neglected? (soLs)

I feel like this space has been neglected. However, in an effort to continue to focus on what I can do and not what I'm not doing, here's the run down of slices from the week...


We celebrated our anniversary with our favorite date night -- steaks and shrimp + steamed veges.

Our air conditioner broke during the triple-digit temperatures. The good news: it was an inexpensive fix. The bad news: it took 3.5 days to fix. Thankfully my parents let us stay with them. It was fun to have an unexpected "vacation" with my parents.

Between two kids, we had three ball games (in triple digit heat).

Karianne and her family arrived back at home (after traveling through Canada, Washington D.C., Gettysburg, Kentucky, and Southern Indiana).

We celebrated Karianne's 18th birthday with her parents + brother, my parents, Andy's parents, and two of her friends.

Hannah said good bye to Karianne. It made my heart hurt.

We picked up two kids home from camp and dropped off one.

We hosted a slip-n-slide party for high school kids.

We shopped like crazy for fabric in Shipshewana.

We hosted a going away party for Karianne.

I finished Shiver and started Linger. I'm loving Maggie Stiefvater's craft.


I kept running...and wrote a guest post, "With a Happy Heart" for Reading Teachers Running. It's a great blog, if you haven't checked it out, you should.

And, oh yeah, we were out of internet for a couple of days.

Shew. (Yes, that was one week.)

One more thing...I interviewed Laura Resau, author of the Notebook series, including The Jade Notebook, which I loved. I've been inspired by her answers and have been applying them to my writing life. I'll be sharing her interview answers across three blog posts. Make sure to stop back for some good-for-the-writing-soul inspiration across the next few days.

6 comments:

  1. Now that's LIVING! And I thought my life had picked up some speed...

    I am glad you are enjoying so many good-for-your-heart moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great thing about blogs is you can neglect them for a bit, but they welcome you back like an old friend. Love the pictures, by the way!

    Am happy to hear that you enjoyed Shiver. It's next in my TBR pile.

    Enjoy your busy, happy life, but find some time for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats spending time with family and friends... even blogging! Seems like I update my blog more during the school year than the summer. What's up with that?!? Christy and Deb put it perfectly -- enjoy and find time for YOU. Thanks for sharing those great pics, too.

    Have an awesome rest of the week, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been doing the IMPORTANT things - and it looks like such fun! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That slip and slide looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos show such fun, Ruth. I'm glad you're making the most of your time. Thanks for the sneak peak post! (I need to get to Shiver.)

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.