Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

focus on indivduals


Recently I watched this video from Todd Rose, talking about the importance of the individual. In this talk, Todd explains how we often lose talent and meet fewer needs when we focus on the average instead of the individual. Todd Rose is a high school dropout who went on to get his Doctorate from Harvard and become a faculty member at the Harvard Graduate School of Education teaching Educational Neuroscience. 

To begin, Todd shares how lessons learned by the Air Force over fifty years ago can be instructive for how we can nurture the talents of students in our schools today.

Although a little longer than most videos I share, it is well worth the time. In fact, you may want to watch it more than once! (I know I did.)

To learn more, check out the Project Variability website.

1 comment:

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.