Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

favorite bits

Macadamia Key Lime Pie -- It is as good as it sounds and it's no bake. I squeezed fresh lime juice to use in the filling. The filling looks like it won't set, but no worries, it does.

Love in the Dark -- This little post by Danielle Ayers Jones made me see the story of Joseph as an insider. It is worth the read, just for this sentence: "I can be smack in the center of God's plan for my life and experience His love in the midst of dark, hard, confusing, and seemingly hopeless circumstances."

Fair week -- Hannah's sewing project is going to the State Fair! Her cake (the one she baked six times) was selected as State Fair alternate. She's reconsidering her "I'm not ever doing 4-H again," statement said during the midst of the cake rebake.




He rode the Scrambler three times in a row. I love this. I can't even stand close to the Scrambler for fear of getting sick. It didn't matter though, I still heard his laughter and whoots across the fair grounds. His smile (and spikey hair from the whirls) made me wish I could stomach the Scrambler because he would be a delightful riding buddy. She rode twice with him, smiling bigger each time. Happy is almost always contagious!



1 comment:

  1. Pie-yum!
    Love in the Dark - gives strength when times are difficult.
    Hannah - Way to go, girl! Such fun at the fair!

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.