Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

{discover.play.build.} COLORS

I love colors. As I've been pushing myself to consider setting from many different angles, I decided to focus on the main colors of a place. I love this page in my notebook. Even more, though, I love how it pushed me to consider the place from a new set of lenses. This is always a very good thing.

Here's my notebook page:


{Discover.Play.Build.} Challenge}
Will you make a page in your notebook noting the most abundant colors in a particular setting? It can be splotches of colors like mine, or it can be a list of colors. Just take a few minutes to think of your setting in a different way, then jot down a few notes. I'd love to see what you come up with...please share in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. You definitely inspired me with this post today. I have been working on a poem with a very specific setting and this idea really sparked some new details. It also got me thinking about some teaching points for my kindergartners, thanks!
    http://teachingyoungwriters.blogspot.com/2012/05/colors.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just discovered your new "Discover, Play, Build" series. What a great way to stretch one's writing. I plan to join in. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.