Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

a little celebration...

From my editor...

Woo-hoo! On the right track!

What you don't see in this image is the response. The oodles of questions. The push to think deeper.

What you don't see in this image is the reflection. The round about conversations that finally (finally!) got to the heart of the matter.

This is the rejoicing part.

Celebration is much more than just rejoicing.

Response, reflection, and rejoicing all rolled together, often over time is what keeps writers going. That's genuine celebration. (This is the topic of my next book, written with Christi Overman.)

And that's why I force myself to write even when I don't wanna.

7 comments:

  1. It is fun to see this post right after your SOLS - the two combined show two important aspects of being writers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Response and reflection inspires writing. So glad we can celebrate with you through comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo! What a thing to celebrate. I'm sure that are many more celebrations in your near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing - to have others who will give you feedback and help you remember to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations-such a big step I imagine. You're on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! It's these kinds of things that keep me writing. You know, though, I'm pretty sure my VERY FAVORITE kind of feedback is comments to blog posts. Thanks for taking the time to encourage me. I appreciate it!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.