Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Monday, June 13, 2011

what's holding you back?

(This is cross-posted on Two Writing Teachers.)
There are a million reasons why we don’t have time to write. What are yours? What is keeping you from putting words on the page?Today take some time to think about the things that are holding you back. Put them on the page so you can move on and spend the summer discovering, playing, and building ideas in your writer’s notebook.
My permission slip taped to the cover
of my current YA WIP notebook.
Your entry can be doodles or a web; a list or prose; a letter or a poem. It doesn’t matter. Just get the excuses out of your mind and onto the page so you can be free to play in your writer’s notebook this summer. And just in case you need it, here is a permission slip. I hope it fits in your writer’s notebook. Also, there is an extra one you can give to a friend. It’s always better to have a friend along with you on a writing adventure.
It is my hope you will share your writing adventure in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. My dear friend, thank you for the gentle nudging you have given. I have been writing daily, working on my presentations for Summer Institute next week. My thoughts are not public yet, but will be soon. I have been keeping my nightly baseball thoughts in my notebook. :) MHG

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.