Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Friday, July 12, 2013

{present}: five minute friday

Five Minute Friday 
So I came across this writing challenge hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker that I thought I'd give a try.For more information, check out this link to Five Minute Friday. The nitty-gritty is you write for 5 minutes on a word, then you share your post, and you comment on another. I hope you'll join too.

Go
The Pharisees present a tattered and worn and frightened woman before Jesus. I imagine they are rough, catching her in the midst of sin and dragging her before Jesus, all so they can stir trouble, stump Jesus, and prove their ways are best.

Jesus quietly stoops before them and writes in the dirt. They demand he condemn her. Instead he writes more. Whatever it is that Jesus presents in the dirt, makes the Pharisees drop their stones and walk away, one by one.

And the woman remains next to Jesus.

He is gentle and loving and holds no condemnation for her. The rocks and the words are in the dirt before them, and then Jesus turns her story, setting her on a new path.

His words, a present to her. Her past story, making a difference today, in the present.



{scripture reference: John 8}
Stop

7 comments:

  1. I like that you presented the story calmly, quietly as Jesus must have done, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely, you've captured the mood of the scene so well, and shown Jesus to be the gracious saviour that He is. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. And you're right. His words were a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful account of a beautiful story. Thank you for your words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Encouraging, Ruth. I like how you presented this as yet another story that matters... It does. I second NJ above; His words were a gift.
    b

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the spin you put on this story Ruth. Wondering how it would impact my (very dry right now) quiet times, if I tried doing this once or twice a week. Your sweet gentle spirit shines through so clearly.

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.