Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

You're going to wish this was waiting for you...

This was waiting on my doorstep when I came home today...




It is a treasure -- an entire book of poems by Amy Ludwig Vanderwater. You know Amy, right? She hosts two remarkable blogs, The Poem Farm and Sharing Our Notebooks.

You're going to want Forest Has a Song for your poetry collection. Spend some time over at The Poem Farm and you'll understand why. I'm going to read Amy's words again, savoring as poetry is meant to be enjoyed. The first time I read it I devoured it as quickly as possible. Now I'm sinking into a comfy spot, dressed in comfy clothes, and allowing the words to seep into me and restore me. This is the power of poetry.

{Posted from my iPhone}

18 comments:

  1. I gotta get it this weekend! Thanks for the lead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I will be looking for this one ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was on MY mail pile, too! SQUEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Amy's blog. I have to put this book on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip to visit Poem Farm.... and love this too

    The first time I read it I devoured it as quickly as possible. Now I'm sinking into a comfy spot, dressed in comfy clothes, and allowing the words to seep into me and restore me. This is the power of poetry.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cover. It is worthy of the poetry inside, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. Will use it next month in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you read the book the second time. Seeping in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just used The Poem Farm in a lesson! THANK YOU for the tip... Amazon thanks you, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait for this treasure! Amy's poems are gems and she is too! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to get hold of this! Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Thanks for sharing! On my way to Amazon now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can hardly wait to get this book. Amy is one of my rockstars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya, I'm really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and net and this is actually annoying. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thanks for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it.
    Do you do newsletters? Can't find it.

    My blog post - elite dating

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.