Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Monday, May 28, 2012

procrastination

Already today I've:

  • Washed, folded, and put away two loads of laundry.
  • Ran.
  • Showered.
  • Cooked breakfast.
  • Cleaned the kitchen.
  • Blogged.
  • Vacuumed.
  • Dusted.
  • Cleaned out the car.
  • Put away coolers from the race yesterday.
I got up early to write. Even though I try convince myself that this blog post and that blog post count as writing, I know they don't really. There are projects that need completed. Specifically, there is a keynote that must be completed. The only way it will get done is if I buckle down and write.

I'm not sure why I'm such a procrastinator. Do you think it's simply part of my unique writing process? The bottom line is I'm at the point where there's no longer a choice. It's time to go offline and focus my energy. I will write. I will write. I will write. (The thing I'm supposed to get done.)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I ran and blogged and thought that was good. I have to say, my house was the cleanest when I had research papers due this year. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have spoken my mind on this one Ruth. I am trying to put write at the bottom of my daily list (not because I don't value it) so I can give myself that time to do the things that will distract me. The truth is, if there is laundry or dishes to be done, I can't write. So I am trying to develop the habit of doing all the "stuff" first thing, then I have no excuse for not getting the writing done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mostly think that I'm "pre-writing" while I do all those other things. Doesn't that sound better than procrastination? You certainly did a lot this am, and now onto WRITING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so identify! When I was in college, roommates always knew when a paper was due. I chose that time to mop the floor! Thanks for writing this and that blog post. I hope you've been successful on the task at hand. For me, it's grading, grading, grading. Only 14 days to go, but who's counting?

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.