Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

writing group part 5: the end (soLs)

STOP! Don't read any farther, because this is the end of a slice I wrote with my writing group (BONS -- Bits of Nothing or Something). To get the whole, start at Slices from the Sofa and follow the links, which will lead you back here --- to THE END.

*****************************

BONS writing together.
The click clack click of five key boards fill the air.

We are BONS writing together. It is only quiet for a moment. We are slicing from the sofa. The snickers begin. A few whispers. Then a laugh. Then Mary Helen laughs. And there is no quiet.

But there are still writers. Happy writers. Who are now fortified to continue because our energy has been boosted with encouragement and laughs and pie.

It is inevitable, though. The end is near.


The stacks of colorful plates are in the dishwasher.
The pie plate is empty.
Neville is continuing his adventure and waiting for it to be recorded then shared next month.
The new trophy and new notebook are tucked away in my computer bag.

It will be a month until we meet again. Words captured. Emails fly. Texts traded. And our friendship grows. We started as a group of writers and became friends. Who knew friendship could be the most important sustenance in a writer's life?
Read other slices at Two Writing Teachers.

14 comments:

  1. Now I am going to have to go back and give a pat on the back to each clever BONS girl because they got it right about being clever! I love seeing your faces because I am learning your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now there seems to be a race--which of us can comment first on our chain of slices. Hey girls, guess what?
    I won!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so fun! And I am so jealous of the writing group you have! And I love your last line, "Who knew friendship could be the most important sustenance in a writer's life?" Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sad to see the night come to an end! It was such a fun journey to get a glimpse of through all of your slices.

    Your last sentence is one of the truest sentences I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last paragraph, so important. I loved journeying from blog to blog to follow your night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friendship made through writing, that's what I feel towards many of the slicers. You are my friends in writing and we get together every Tuesday and for 31 days of March. I miss you when life takes you away from your blogs and I can't learn the joys or struggles you faced during the week. Thank you Ruth for this opportunity. Hugs to all! (although a piece of pie would be nice)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great community! So glad it is fueled with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a lovely evening that you all invited us to experience. I am jealous, but also happy that you have such a group. What could possibly be nicer? Thanks to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And Ruth, thank you for your wonderful comment yesterday. It was so supportive and kind and I appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful group of writers/friends! Writing brings out the most personal in all of us; so nice that you have a group of people you trust with those inner-most thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I felt like I was on a Choose Your Own Adventure (preselected choices, less pressure). What a fabulous gift to have that community of writers. That gathering is one of the things I miss since we have gotten here; book club, studying His word, etc. And, I am sure the pie was great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your pie-eating, laughing, writing BONS group meeting. Very clever to share it bit by bit on different blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed this set of slices. What a powerful set of slices. I love how lines of your posts linked back to everyone else's slices.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful night we had! I'm laughing just reading that we laughed and then I laughed. It's a trademark that I never realized would effect teachers and students in such a positive way.

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.