Don't miss my website!

Don't miss my website! Video lessons and more for teaching writers.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

it is about to begin...

Tomorrow marks March. After five years, March holds a special place in my year. It is the month of the Slice of Life Challenge, which Stacey and I host on Two Writing Teachers.

This year it feels significant. Maybe it's because of the five year anniversary. Maybe it's because last weekend people were talking about the challenge at Dublin Literacy Conference. Maybe it's because I've helped more than 20 people set up a blog in the last week. Maybe it's because the challenge has its own hashtag (#slice2012) on Twitter.

Regardless of the reason, I'm excited. I'm looking forward to the connections with others and the camaraderie that comes from banning together to complete a challenge. I'm also looking forward to learning some new things about myself and refining my craft.

It'll be a good month.

4 comments:

  1. The buzz about SOLSC is amazing and thrilling. I'm excited and I have those butterflies in my tummy. It's going to be another awe-inspiring journey, even if it's only year two for me!

    Thanks for hosting and being such an inspiration!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to experience this with you and everyone else! It will definitely be a good month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how many will write, Ruth? It's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe all the people talking about slicing. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I {heart} comments. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.